Pages

Saturday 7 July 2012

UNIF Hellraisers - review



So I'm sure anyone who's familiar with the brand UNIF has heard all about their Hellraiser flats by now, but I finally gave in and ordered these a couple of months ago after seeing a review on grav3yardgirl's youtube channel [x] and basically deciding, I had to have these. I've never really been a huge fan of flats since a lot of the ones I seen are too flat, sometimes like it's as if I'm just walking bare foot - nuh-uh. But I wanted something different for the summer so I wouldn't be wearing my Dr. Martens all the time and the Hellraisers were a perfect choice. I've had them almost two months now and I'm still absolutely in love!

 I ordered a pair from dollskill for $159 - roughly £100 - plus $20 shipping. I also had to pay £6 tax on these when they were delivered since I'm in the UK, which was kind of annoying that I had to pay even more, but I was kind of expecting it since shipping is a bit pricey. Apart from that, I was really pleased with the service from dollskill, they sent me email updates when the shoes came in stock and when they'd been shipped which I always appreciate and they arrived within a couple of weeks.

Anyway, the shoes themselves are so amazing. If you've seen photos of these bad boys before you'll know. They're a really soft, black leather that almost looks like suede (to me at least) and covered in silver spikes. They're available in a range of colours from hot pink to turquoise and you can also get black with gold spikes. As for sizing, I'd heard mixed reviews, some people saying to get a half size smaller than your normal size, others saying not to... so I was a bit wary at first, not wanting to wait even longer if I had to send them back. 

I decided to order my usual size (UK - 7, US - 9) and they fit perfectly! They're snug around the toes and a little looser around the heel since I've broken them in after wearing them a lot and they're super comfortable and I can wear them literally all day. I do get a lot of comments about them, mainly "Are they sharp?" (yes, they are) or "Imagine if you kicked someone with them on!" (not that I recommend it, but yeah, they probably could do some damage.) I store them in the box with the dust jackets they came in to keep them in the best condition. If you're going to spend a lot on a pair of shoes, you're going to want to keep them looking nice and new for as long as possible, right?

Honestly, I couldn't be happier with these shoes. I love anything a bit different or 'edgy' and these are so 'me' it's insane. They're really good to pair with dresses or skirts to give a bit of an edge to a girly outfit (adding a leather jacket for extra impact) and they can also be worn with with skinny jeans and a simple top for a more casual look. There's so many ways to wear these shoes, I don't think I'm ever going to get sick of them!






2 comments:

  1. I really want to get these - i have studded loafers from topshop but they really havent sort of, stemmed the urge for these ones !

    Id love the black AND the blue ones but theyre just so expensive. Do you think they would last a long time with regular wear?

    I know graveyardgirl's were hanging on by a thread so im dubious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the studded loafers from Topshop too and the Hellraisers are waaay better quality and an investment/statement piece so I think you do get your money's worth.
      I guess it depends if you're wearing them all day, every day, walking long distances etc. I try to alternate my shoes so I don't ruin these, cause I don't want to feel like I've wasted my money.
      But I think if you're careful and look after them, they will last. Hope this helps! (:

      Delete