Pages

Thursday 18 October 2012

Autumn Update

Part of my view from my uni window. Loving these colours.

 I've been kinda terrible and not posting for a few weeks, but with all the uni work I haven't really had much chance to think about blogging. However, I'm hoping to get back on track with regular-ish posting even if it's something small/just photo-based. Anyway, here's some things I've been up to recently:

Inspiration/notice board
Added some A/W related images to my notice board at uni (plus the obligatory 30STM corner). I also discovered it's a handy place to hang up/pin some of my longer necklaces.  

Current make-up inspiration



Figure drawing has just started to get really interesting. We've learnt about elongating & slimming down the figure and now starting to find our own style. Although this is only my first fashion illustration, this is what I've been wanting to do and draw for so long and I'm happy with the results so far! Things can only get more interesting!






Finally caved and bought "Fame" by Lady Gaga a few weeks ago. I wasn't totally blown away when I first smelled it, but I think it's growing on me. It's not overpowering or as strong as I'd expected and kinda reminds me of liquorice sweets. But maybe the real reason I bought it was because it looks so damn cool sitting on my desk and, well, it's Gaga...




Absolutely in loooove with the Jean Paul Gaultier/Diet Coke cans. I'm determined to find the striped can, but no where I've been to seems to have them. The search continues!


Lipstick - Topshop 'Inhibition' (£8)  Eyeshadow - MUA - Shade 7 'Pearl' (£1)  Lipliner - Barry M '7' (£2.99)

Some recent make-up purchases. I've been really inspired by the dark, 'gothic' trends I've seen in magazines and decided to finally do it and buy a dark lipstick. I went for 'Inhibition' by Topshop as I've been curious to try their make-up products. This is a gorgeous deep purple, plum shade that's perfect for this season. I also bought one of the Revlon 'Just Bitten Kissable' Balm Stains in a similar colour (005 'Crush'), but I'm yet to decide which one I prefer.  I also got a lipliner from Barry M to go along with the lipstick in this lovely burgundy shade. And finally, the eyeshadow from MUA which was only £1! I felt like branching out into something other than neutral eyeshadows, and at this price, I couldn't really say no. It's a beautiful pearlescent green that can be worn with just a light wash of colour, built up for a more intense look. 






Top to bottom - MUA eyeshadow, Barry M lipliner, Topshop lipstick

Current nails - OPI 'Just Spotted The Lizard'. Bracelet - H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment