Pages

Saturday 8 September 2012

NYFW - SS13 // part 1

I feel like I've only just started shopping for autumn/winter (and for back to uni) and we're already thinking about spring/summer. In the past, I haven't really been a big fan of the majority of SS collections - maybe because there's usually a lot of florals, bright colours and I'm the total opposite of that, so I prefer the A/W collections more. 

That said, this year I've been surprised as there's so much that I'm really excited about. Already I can see a lot of coral pieces on the catwalk, so I'm guessing that's going to be big next season. And I've been loving the contrasting fabrics, like leather, lace, chiffon and silk along with slick, wet-look materials and the use of layering.

Here, I've picked out some of my favourite looks (there's a lot more I could have included) so if any of these catches your eye, be sure to check out the full collections because there's some absolutely gorgeous pieces. A few of my favourite collections so far are Katie Gallagher, Kimberly Ovitz, Tadashi Shoji and Jason Wu (my #1 so far!). I'll be doing some more Fashion Week posts in the next few weeks and I'm starting uni again at the end of the month, so hopefully there'll be some uni-related posts to come!

Costello Tagliapietra

Honor

Peter Som

Katie Gallagher


Kimberly Ovitz


Tadashi Shoji

Helmut Lang

Jason Wu


Jason Wu

all photos - style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment